Customized rail dock plates reduce forklift tire damage and boxcar loading instability.
Request More Info
Railboards In Action
Recessed Side Curbs:
- Provides a smoother, more stable pathway into boxcars
3-Sided Lip Chamfer:
- Minimizes costly damage to forklift tires when turning 90 degrees
- Ensures the Railboard locks into place on its own via D-ring assembly
5-Year Structural Warranty:
- Heavy-steel design ensures long-term stability
Free Railboard Inspection
Despite their integral involvement in boxcar loading, Portable Railboards are often overlooked during routine safety inspections. To ensure that Railboards continue to safely bridge the gap between building floor and boxcar, Dockzilla offers a “Free Railboard Safety Inspection” program for rail shippers and their employees. Our Free Railboard Safety Inspection should take roughly 20 minutes and is recommended every 30 days to identify rust, cracks, and sharp edges, or more critical issues that impact the Railboard’s integrity, such as bowing or missing D-Rings.
To conduct the 5-step inspection, simply download an Inspection Checklist and view a brief video for instructions, OR, contact us to schedule an inspection with a local loading expert.
- STEP 1: Visual & Manual Inspection – to determine if the board is in good condition
- STEP 2: D-Rings Operation – to analyze D-Ring assemblies, ensure Railboard is self-locking
- STEP 3: Lifting Mechanism – to inspect modifications and ensure it locks into place
- STEP 4: Structural Integrity – check for cracking and bowing to avoid collapse
- STEP 5: Underside of Railboard – ensure welding is intact and that no shortcuts have been taken