Dockzilla Co. is a manufacturer and direct seller of modular loading docks and logistics solutions that help customers quickly retrofit facilities or gain distribution capabilities without conventional construction. We’re looking for a sharp and diligent individual to join our rapidly-growing company as a Staff Accountant or Senior Staff Accountant.
The ideal candidate will value the opportunity to contribute to our business transformation, as we refine processes, improve efficiencies, and implement sophisticated financial software. Dockzilla’s Staff Accountant must be a self-starter who is detail-oriented and highly organized, with a solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
This candidate must have the ability to “own” and execute numerous tasks at varying levels, including accounts payable, month-end journal entries and reconciliations, and employee credit card reports. Experience with General Contractors (vendor set up compliance/payment application submittals) is a plus, but not required.
As part of Dockzilla’s operations team, reporting to our Director of Finance & Accounting, this candidate will be eligible to receive quarterly profit-sharing when the company’s business goals for profitability and revenue are achieved.
We offer a casual, comfortable office environment, and the ability to work in a hybrid capacity when needed. Remote work schedules are defined by department supervisors, and contingent upon adequate training and continued success in the role.
- Process A/P invoices and prepare weekly payment runs.
- Administer Dockzilla’s corporate credit card program.
- Process and post monthly P-Card and T&E credit card entries.
- Process employee expense reports and reimbursement requests.
- Own the vendor set-up and customer qualification processes.
- Prepare and post routine journal entries at month/year-end.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations ensuring reconciling items are resolved in a timely manner.
- Prepare ad-hoc schedules and reports as requested.
- Assist with year-end audit requests.
- Cross-train with Customer Service team to enter sales orders and complete customer set-up and compliance tasks as needed.
- Support ERP implementation (data cleansing and migration, unit testing).
- Participate in team meetings and report-outs to management as needed.
Education & Experience
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- 2-5 years of experience with exposure to all areas of general accounting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with or exposure to ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics365) is a plus
Skills & Abilities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexible to accommodate pressures and demands of the position.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Proactively identify, analyze, address, and resolve problem areas, conflicts, and issues
- Report into Dockzilla’s Minnetonka, MN based office
- Sit or stand for 8 hours per day while on the phone or working with a computer
- Work occasionally after hours or on the weekend to support month-end and year-end close/audit requests.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org