Job Title: Sales Engineer
Reports To: Director of Sales
Employment Type: Full-time
About Dockzilla Co.
Dockzilla Co. is a disruptor in the material handling category, helping customers re-envision their loading and logistics operations with modular loading docks, ramps, platforms, and building structures. We provide unique loading dock solutions for an impressive list of customers who require innovation and ingenuity.
We’re in search of an outgoing, technically-savvy rockstar to join our inside sales team that places a high priority on results and teamwork. This position offers dynamic individuals an opportunity to apply their engineering and technical skills in a direct sales setting to advance their base salary with added bonus compensation based on individual and team sales performance goals.
Working in our casual, comfortable environment, the sales engineer will respond to a consistent flow of incoming queries from project engineers, logistics & supply chain executives, and facility managers, etc., and recommend Dockzilla product solutions for the customer’s application. Our sales engineers are supported by a proprietary training tool that provides in-depth product application detail for incoming sales engineers. This technology is also used by our sales team as a customer-facing asset to help demonstrate product features and benefits to customers in real-time in order to inform their buying decision.
The sales engineer reports to the Director of Sales, with opportunities to collaborate with Dockzilla’s engineering, applications, and project management departments. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with interest in being an integral part of the company’s significant growth trajectory.
Sales Engineer Summary
As one of our Sales Engineers you will have the opportunity to navigate customers through our online Buyer’s Guide, educate, support, design, propose solutions, and win new projects that you then hand off to the DZ project management team for successful implementation.
The Sales Engineer will be primarily responsible for responding to prospective customers and sharing expertise on modular loading solutions. This position serves as the primary service contact for clients and is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service and leadership to accounts, as well as represent company goals within the organization to ensure quality.
- Learn and adopt the company’s sales protocol and listen, educate, and “share” sales philosophy to earn business and customer satisfaction
- Respond to sales queries primarily through inbound emails and phone calls from potential customers, developing high level conversations with senior executives to generate sales growth
- Generate sales estimates from an extensive price list database, and follow up with potential customers to close deals
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects via daily and weekly communication and follow-through
- Understand our product design features and applications, and translate this expertise in customer communication
- Understand our company’s products and value-added services offerings
- Populate and continually update the company’s CRM database per the sales protocol
- Collaborate with engineering, production, and marketing
- Create “Application Drawings” in AutoCAD to support proposed solutions for customers
- Attend weekly sales meetings and work to achieve/exceed quarterly goals
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering: Mechanical, Architectural, Structural or Civil, OR Associates Degree (structural, architectural, or related technical field)
- Microsoft Office/Excel skills; expertise in AutoCAD (2D) and Solidworks (preferred but not required)
- 1-2 years of experience in a technical field (structural, architectural, or manufacturing is a plus, but not required)
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to manage high complexity projects and collaborate cross-functionally
- Ability to engage professionally with high level customers over the phone and in emails, etc.
- Ability to multi-task, respond quickly to customers, and manage tight deadlines
- Ability to travel as job requires and manage teams on job sites
- Report into Dockzilla’s Minnetonka, MN based office
- Sit or stand for 8-10 hours per day while on the phone or working with a computer
- Work occasionally after hours or on the weekend
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com