Job Title: Production Coordinator/Sr. Production Coordinator
Reports to: Manufacturing & Procurement Manager
Dockzilla Co. has defined a new category in material handling & distribution, helping customers re-envision their loading and logistics operations with heavy-steel loading docks, ramps, platforms, and modular buildings.
Dockzilla is looking for a sharp, unflappable Production Coordinator to support our manufacturing process and ensure the timely delivery of our products. This individual will be responsible for planning and executing the production work schedule based on customer orders, raw materials, and production capacity. This role reports to our Manufacturing & Procurement Manager, and offers the opportunity to collaborate with Dockzilla’s sales, applications, and engineering teams to ensure that production materials are available, and adjusts the schedule when necessary.
But wait, there’s more! This role will also be responsible for coordination of shipments to customer sites. The Production Coordinator will interact with both our logistics network and customer site contacts to establish shipment pick-ups and transit lead times.
The Production Coordinator will be eligible to participate in the company’s quarterly bonus program that rewards employees when business goals are achieved.
- Plan, schedule, and prepare production order details within ERP system
- Lead weekly meetings with Dockzilla’s manufacturing network to maintain and update our production schedule, and ensure alignment of expectations and workload
- Establish, monitor and communicate lead time of vendors to meet delivery dates for new orders
- Track and communicate status of customer orders with internal teams
- Communicate order status with customers and plan shipment of goods
- Collaborate with logistics providers to coordinate freight shipments, and establish pricing and transit times
- Update ERP system with accurate costing of goods and services as needed
- Manage inventory levels at contract manufacturing partners – replenish and forecast inventory as needed
- Experience in a manufacturing production or production support preferred
- Interpersonal skills to develop and maintain professional working relationships with customers, production management, and co-workers
- Proactively identify, analyze, address, and resolve problem areas, conflicts, and issues
- Strong organizational skills to ensure adequate tracking systems are utilized to maintain and track all required information
- Working knowledge of project management or ERP systems (MS Dynamics a plus)
- Extreme Attention-to-Detail
Education & Experience
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in manufacturing, business, supply chain, management or a related field
- 1-5 years of experience in a project management, manufacturing, or logistics setting (3 yrs will be considered for Sr. Production Coordinator)
- Proven ability to implement and manage a culture of continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to organize and deliver project planning processes to drive efficiency improvements
- Ability to travel to manufacturing/customer sites and other locales as necessary (around 15%)
- Report into Dockzilla’s Minnetonka, MN based office
- Sit or stand for 8-10 hours per day while on the phone or working with a computer
- Work occasionally after hours or on the weekend
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com