Dockzilla Co. is the undisputed and unequaled industry leader in modular loading dock and building industry, helping customers re-envision their loading and logistics operations with heavy-steel loading docks, ramps, platforms, and modular building structures. Our products are in use by an impressive list of customers who rely on our quality standards and architectural configurations.
Dockzilla’s Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for creating, documenting, implementing, and improving manufacturing processes for new, revised, and existing equipment. We’re looking for a Texas-based employee who will work in a remote capacity to support our manufacturing team. This individual will be responsible for facilitating efficient operations within the production area to optimize existing processes, and to ensure that production goals are met. In addition, the manufacturing engineer will oversee the production process to make sure that all products meet consistent quality standards. This includes developing and implementing quality control measures and documenting production issues.
As a key member of our operations team, Dockzilla’s manufacturing engineer will be eligible to receive quarterly bonus/profit-sharing compensation when the company meets its business goals. In addition, this candidate will receive a monthly car allowance.
- Review manufacturing drawing packets for errors/omissions.
- Travel between contract manufacturers on first-time builds, new products and large business ongoing programs. Travel will be mainly within the state of Texas with occasional air travel to other groups.
- Provide support to manufacturing partners to ensure product is fabricated and assembled based on the intended functionality of the design
- Work with contract manufacturers to identify critical manufacturing items, manufacturing fixturing and assembly procedures.
- Spearhead team approach to problem solving and process/product improvements. Coordinate efforts between engineering, manufacturing and service.
- Determine root cause failures in conjunction with installation and service team and corrective action plans to reduce warranty costs and improve product performance.
- Own creation and development of post-build quality testing and inspection prints/procedures.
- Own and document “Deviation from Print” procedure for substitution from print required changes.
- Create and assist Director of Engineering with “Engineering Change Order” implementation.
- Supervise installations as needed based on importance of job and familiarity with design.
- Evaluate changes or improvements to design or specification of existing products
- Own material specification and selection per industry safety standards
- Utilize CAD modeling software (Solidworks) to create component and assembly drawings
- Troubleshoot product design issues using continuous improvement techniques
- Ensure products adhere to quality standards
- Track products throughout the manufacturing process to ensure quality and accuracy
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing, industrial or mechanical engineering or related fields such as Mechanical Engineering Technology or similar.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in manufacturing environment
- Experience in 3D CAD modeling (Auto-CAD and Solidworks) strongly preferred
- Experience in steel fabrication and/or industrial contract manufacturing
- Experience of industrial installation processes and production a plus
- Extreme attention-to-detail
- Introductory knowledge of Lean Manufacturing a plus
- Interpersonal skills to develop and maintain professional working relationships with customers, production management, and co-workers
- Proactively identify, analyze, address, and resolve problem areas, conflicts, and issues
- Open mindedness to seek understanding of technical problems and share knowledge with other team members
- Strong organizational skills to ensure adequate tracking systems are utilized
- Working knowledge of inventory, project management, spreadsheet, and word processor software and order processing systems; experience with Microsoft Dynamics preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet project timeline needs and troubleshoot job issues
- Must be located in Texas with travel between Ft. Worth, Rio Vista and Houston on a regular basis. Occasional travel to Byhalia, MS and main office in Minnetonka, MN.
- When not traveling, work is completed remotely.
- Sit or stand for 8-10 hours per day
- Ability to travel 50% to 60% of the time of the job.
- Ability to lift 30+ lbs and perform moderate physical activity (installations)
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org