Job Title: Executive Assistant to the CEO
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Seniority Level: 5+ years
Employment Type: Full-time
Dockzilla Co. is a disruptor in material handling & distribution, helping customers re-envision their loading and logistics operations with steel loading docks & ramps, platforms, and modular building structures. We provide quick stand-up loading solutions for an impressive list of customers in Ecommerce order fulfillment, logistics, manufacturing, and other industries.
Dockzilla is looking for a responsible and reliable Executive Assistant to support the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of our rapidly-growing company. Serving as the wingman to our fast-paced CEO, this position requires a high level of agility, confidentiality, and critical thinking. The ideal candidate will have the ability to anticipate needs, multi-task, meet deadlines, and work independently to research information gaps that help the CEO make informed decisions.
Ultimately, the Executive Assistant will deploy strategies that help conserve the CEO’s time and contribute to the efficiency of our company by providing exceptional personalized and time-sensitive support. Working in this role, the Executive Assistant will be eligible to participate in the company’s quarterly bonus program that rewards all employees when business goals are achieved.
This is a high-visibility position marked by interaction with a broad range of internal and external professionals, including Dockzilla employees, executives and outsourced vendor partners. This individual is an extension of the CEO’s brand in the organization, and must be confident, caring, and professional in how they interact with others.
The Executive Assistant at Dockzilla will gain an understanding of the CEO’s expectations for the business and work in partnership to drive toward success. This candidate must be flexible, enthusiastic, and able to toggle between a wide range of ongoing assignments and broader office responsibilities, including meeting preparation, event planning, and internal communications on behalf of the CEO.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Project Management. Support the CEO’s numerous responsibilities and projects to achieve annual goals, and work independently to navigate individual assignments.
Calendar Management: Assist the CEO in managing multiple projects through to completion. Manage her calendar appropriately to improve productivity and responsiveness to business operations.
Process Improvements. Identify and trouble-shoot roadblocks in the company’s operations such as information-sharing, communications, or general workflow and work with the CEO to improve processes.
Document Review/Management. Leverage excellent organizational and document management skills to develop and maintain an electronic filing system for corporate documents, photos, video, etc., and assist the CEO in daily review of contracts, legal documents, and proposals.
Marketing Support. Leverage proficiency in office software to assist with development of sales presentations, ad campaigns, and corporate marketing collateral.
Reporting. Prepare high quality reports, presentations, and other documents as needed.
Collaborate with the company’s departments to gather information to complete reports.
Accountability. Assist CEO with managing departmental deliverables and hold employees accountable for follow-ups and meeting deadlines.
Communication. Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action and response to various tasks or issues and update the CEO during daily/weekly check-ins.
Meeting & Travel Arrangements. Provide support for in-house or off site meetings such as ordering meals and booking venues. Make travel arrangements and book accommodations as needed.
General Administrative. Manage the CEOs administrative tasks such as expense reports, document signing, questionnaire or forms completion, patent renewals, and return phone calls/emails as needed.
Personal Support. Assist with the CEO’s personal schedule or needs from time-to-time, such as booking reservations, contacting service providers, locating online documents, etc.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- 5+ years executive support experience, or experience supporting a marketing or legal function
- Expert proficiency using Microsoft Office and other technology such as Adobe, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and video meetings such as Teams and Zoom
- Must be self-motivated and able to collaborate interdepartmentally
- Positive attitude and demeanor in managing interactions with others
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Must possess solid verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain unparalleled discretion, and judgment
- Maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance
- React with a sense of urgency when quick response or turnaround is needed
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Report into Dockzilla’s Minnetonka, MN based office
- Work occasionally after hours or on the weekend
- Ability to travel on occasion
- Sitting and working on a computer for extended periods of time