Reports To: Applications Manager
Seniority/Type: Entry-Level, Full-Time
Dockzilla Co. has redefined the material handling category, helping customers re-envision their loading and logistics operations with heavy-steel loading docks, ramps, platforms, and modular building structures. Our sales engineers consult with customers to configure loading solutions for a variety of usage applications.
As an Associate Applications Engineer at Dockzilla, you’ll support our sales engineers by translating customer product specifications and property/building survey detail into approval drawings for our customers, who represent emerging businesses, top national brands, and Fortune 500 companies. This Applications Engineer will review pertinent order details to verify information ensuring accuracy and determine application feasibility, and assist with job cost roll ups.
In this role, the Applications Engineer must be detail-oriented and have the ability to think independently to help our sales team convert deals into orders. Working in our continuous improvement environment, the Applications Engineer will collaborate with sales, project management, service, and design engineering teams, to innovate daily.
You’ll be eligible to participate in our bonus program to increase your annual compensation when the company meets its quarterly revenue and profitability goals.
- Support our sales engineers with detailed, accurate and time-sensitive engineering drawings for customer review and approval
- Translate sales direction and customer needs into engineering part numbers and assemblies
- Assist with the company’s implementation of CRM & ERP software (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Create and update ERP item master and part numbers
- Assist with technical questions/research, product installation or onsite testing as needed
- Develop product application rules and site surveys to ensure the product will install properly and meet the criteria for warranty
- Update the company’s price lists and quote logs
- Create POs from vendor quotes on a regular basis
- Seek out new suppliers and support manufacturing engineering as needed
- Travel to customer sites to conduct field measurements and loading dock surveys
- Collaborate with the Service department to identify accurate replacement parts as needed
- Request, obtain, and maintain necessary contract compliance and project documents throughout the order lifecycle (such as insurance certificates, lien waivers, tax exemption forms, etc.)
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering: Mechanical, Architectural, Structural, Civil
- AutoCAD (2D), Solidworks (preferred, but not required),
- 1-3 years of work experience in an engineering or engineering applications role
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent engineering drawing skills and the ability to assist with product development
- Ability to review/understand/ interpret engineered drawings
- Ability to communicate effectively with sales & field service/warranty teams
- Ability to work effectively in a sales support role to win jobs
- Ability to multi-task and manage high complexity projects
- Proficiency working in Excel spreadsheets for project cost roll-ups and analysis
- Report into Dockzilla’ s Minnetonka, MN based office
- Sit or stand for 8-10 hours per day while on the phone or working with a computer
- Ability to travel as needed and to conduct onsite measurement surveys
- Work occasionally after hours or on the weekend