Job Title: Accountant – Sales Order Administration
Reports To: Engineering Applications Manager
Seniority Level: 2-4 years
Dockzilla Co. is a rapidly growing manufacturer and direct supplier of modular loading docks, ramps, platforms, and pop-up distribution warehouses. We deliver pre-engineered, pre-fabricated loading equipment to customers in e-commerce, logistics, manufacturing, and other industries to expedite and enhance shipping operations.
Dockzilla is looking for an outgoing individual who wants to leverage their top-notch accounting skills to support our fast-paced inside sales team. Embedded within the sales department and responsible for sales order administration, this Accountant will report directly to the Engineering Applications Manager, with weekly reporting accountabilities to our Director of Accounting.
The Accountant will work on the front lines of our order review process to ensure accuracy and to enter detail into our accounting software in a timely manner. As an extension of our sales team, this candidate must have a professional, pleasant demeanor and excellent communication skills in order to contact customers and vendor partners directly as needed to verify key order information.
Dockzilla’s Accountant will be eligible to participate in our company’s quarterly bonus program, that rewards employees when the business achieves its financial goals.
- Work with the inside sales team to ensure accurate order details (including ship to location/sales tax calculations, tax exempt status, accounts payable contacts, payment terms) and create preliminary invoices.
- Manage all facets of order entry, including setting up customer detail for invoicing, development of sales orders, and vendor set up tasks required to initiate our internal job process.
- Extrapolate key payment details from customer contracts and incorporate into Dockzilla orders.
- Collaborate with accounting, engineering, manufacturing and sales regarding customer status detail that impacts product shipments, such as pre-payments or credit holds.
- Participate in the company’s ERP implementation and serve in a support capacity to Accounting, Sales, and Applications Engineering
- Update the company’s price lists, quote logs, and purchase orders for various parts / products through receiving and reviewing vendor quotes on a regular basis
- Update the sales CRM system and accounting software as needed with order details
- Create required shared folders & set-up documentation for each order / project
- Request, obtain, and maintain necessary contract compliance and project documents throughout the order lifecycle (such as insurance certificates, lien waivers, tax exemption forms, etc.)
- Support cost rollups, inventory valuation & management activities, annual inventory counts, or other accounting tasks as needed
Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Supply Chain, etc.
- 2-4 years of work experience in a technical or customer-focused role
- Experience working within cross-functional teams
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Highly-effective organizational and time management capabilities
- Strong attention to detail, including the ability to work with large amounts of data
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Microsoft Dynamics or similar ERP system experience preferred
- Report-into Dockzilla’s corporate office based in Minnetonka, MN
- Work occasionally after hours or on the weekend
- Ability to travel on limited occasions
- Ability to sit or stand while on the phone or working with a computer for extended periods of time
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com